Opencast Matterhorn Webcast System
Problem: UC Berkeley’s home-grown webcast infrastructure, which was full of manual processes, wasn’t scaling well as we increased the number of webcasted courses (http://webcast.berkeley.edu/).
Work with institutions around the world to create a free, open-source platform to support the management of educational audio and video content as part of the global Opencast Project. The system will produce lecture recordings, manage existing video, serve designated distribution channels, and provide user interfaces to engage students with educational videos.
Role: Co-UX Lead
Responsibilities: Product strategy, user research, analysis & modeling, interaction design, usability assessment/testing, development support
- Comparative Analysis
- Customer Interviews
- “Orgsona” (organizational personas based on customer interviews) creation
- End User Contextual Inquiries
- Podcast Administrator Persona creation
- Use Case Definition
- Workflow Documentation
- Design Studio
- Conceptual Framework Design
- Initial Release Designs
- Usability Testing (paper prototype & live system)